Sunday, 22 April 2018

„Silence and Dynamism” by David Lynch


„Silence and Dynamism” by David Lynch

This name definitely rings a bell to most of the people. Mainly because of a well-known TV series „Twin Peaks” beloved by many in the 1990s and also today due to a continuation/sequel of the production released in 2017, directed invariably by Lynch. 

Before February 2018 Lynch was also for me somebody who I knew was considered by the world of cinematography as a genius and as an innovator. However, besides watching „Twin Peaks” and planning to watch a few of his movies I had never had a real opportunity to get to know his works profoundly. 

So when I heard about his exhibition in Toruń, it took me one second to buy a ticket for it. By the way, the ticket price was hilarious – 6zł if you were a student, LOL. Thanks to that event I could „meet” Lynch not only as a film director but also as a painter, cartoonist and music producer, because the exhibition included various types of his artworks. I must admit that his perspective of the world and of living got me inspired, shocked and amused almost at the same time.  I loved the way he had used different techniques to deliver his observations, which referred to the deepest areas of human thoughts but also to our everyday situations. 

Here are some photos of a few paintings which I wanted to remember for a bit longer. There was no sign prohibiting taking pictures, so I think it was legal to do it for non-commercial purposes.  
If your sense of humor is peculiar and a bit abstract, I can recommend you a Lynch's series of short films titled "DumbLand", which made me laugh out loud in the exhibition room. It is available on YouTube :)






1 comment:

  1. I've never watched a Twin Peaks series, but I really want to. It's nice that you could see not only his movies and series, but also his art!

    ReplyDelete

Summer festival’s savoir-vivre

Summer festival’s savoir-vivre That’s the second part of my concert-related "instructions". This time it’s something abo...