Thursday, 26 April 2018

My cooking experience (1)


My cooking experience (1)

When I moved to Poznań, I knew nothing about cooking. I mean, I took some lessons from my grandma before leaving my hometown by helping her out in the kitchen. Still, I think I would die of hunger without my roommates. Trying not to humiliate myself was a huge challenge, because I had to ask questions like „Actually, how do you cook potatoes?”. But hey, it is impossible to learn without posing even such a stupid question, right? So it took me a lot of time to develop my skill to an „edible level”. Nevertheless, I must say that recently I’ve made a big progress in preparing meals. However, in the first part of this topic, I want to present you some of my failures.

At the beginning of this process some difficulties occured. The biggest one was (still is) my clumsiness. Cutting onions in small pieces drives me crazy. Every time I finish my cooking adventure, kitchen looks like a mess, all covered in different kinds of sauces, spices and pieces of food. (Do not drop a package of turmeric on the ground while cooking, trust me). The second difficulty or a cause of all damages is my lack of divided concentration. It just costs me a lot of effort to keep an eye on a few things at the same time. So either preparing a meal takes me a lot of time because I have to do one thing after another or I burn something. Unfortunately, the second option is much more common. The third one is obviously lack of knowledge in this domain. However, this one is easy to catch up just by practicing and using cooking books and online recipies. 

To make your day better and to prove that women aren’t born with pans in hands: documentary photos called „Kacha in the kitchen”. 

Once I accidentally dropped my whole meal on the floor just by touching a pan and made my roommate bursted with laugh, but I won’t show you a photo of this horrifying experience, because it still breaks my heart. 

 Well...
 This supposed to be defrosted noodles (kopytka), but I had frozen it in the wrong way, so instead I had one big KOPYTKO.
Cooking with steam - definitely my cup of tea. 
Zdjęcie użytkownika Kasia Jasińska. 
 Pancake(s)

3 comments:

  1. These dishes look very interesting I must say! Have you ever wondered about sharing your receipes with others? If you don't want to give them here, in comments, just let me know in a private message. I think that would be a really good way to surprise my family members and friends. I bet they've never tried something like that! Keep it up Kasia!
    Greetings,
    Proscovia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking fails at Rybaki st. are also very common, but our domain is thrashing dishes. I remember leaving lasagna in the microvawe for too long, amazingly the food was great, but the plate broke into pieces ..

    xoxo, schab

    ReplyDelete

Summer festival’s savoir-vivre

Summer festival’s savoir-vivre That’s the second part of my concert-related "instructions". This time it’s something abo...