Thursday, 14 June 2018

Concert season is here!


Concert season is here!
Summer is just around the corner and there’s something I do appreciate wholeheartedly about summer vibes. Festivals and open-air concerts! You may say that I am a bit “experienced” in this topic, because concert tickets and food are the two things which I don’t regret spending money on. And I really do not like spending money, especially when I have nothing to spend. ๐Ÿ˜‰
For me, there’s something special about summer festivals. The beautiful weather and the number of people attending can create really unforgettable atmosphere and that’s why I count down days to summer holidays every year. I think that while we’re young enough and have an adventurous spirit, concert is our place to be.
This is a list of things and tips which, in my opinion, might be life-saving before attending a huge show. Of course, it all depends on the type of music this artist creates. However, my list is based on festivals/concerts from Polish pop to Mongolian folk metal (that was something, I must admit), so it is useful for everyone. During the writing I’ve noticed that this post got too long, so I’ll divide it into two parts. Starting from your must-have things:

1.       1. Choose shoes in which you feel comfortable. Do not wear new ones, because you have to be mentally prepared that this might be the last time you have them on, in one piece. Basically, that’s why you can find on Woodstock ropes hanging between trees, overloaded with shoes. People just don’t need them anymore ๐Ÿ˜Š Sandals are not the best idea either.
2.       2. Same thing with clothes: choose an outfit which is comfortable and don’t wear long-sleeved shirts, because no matter how cold it is, it’s always hot in the crowd. An airy t-shirt and jacket which you can tie on your hips is the comfiest outfit ever.
3.       3.Use a bandana: festivals’ ground consists often of sand and during a show audience creates huge dust by dancing, so it makes breathing almost impossible and without a bandana on your face, the dust gets into your nose and lungs.
4.       4.Kidney bag (I had no idea that this name works in English too): It is the best way to keep your personal things safe and jump easily at the same time.
5.       5.Do not take: umbrellas (you will get wet anyway and they’re extremely dangerous and annoying), high heels, one-shoulder bags (how do you want to jump with them?), pricy things in general, weird stuff you put on your head (horns, cat’s ears etc.,), because it makes watching the show harder for people behind you. If you’re wearing glasses maybe it is worth to buy one-day lenses. Try to avoid jewellery on your hands like big rings, because they are also dangerous.

1 comment:

  1. You know what's live-saving on concerts?
    Not participating in them :)

    PS. I appreciate that you try to wear comfortable clothes, but is it always a good idea? :)

    Greetings,
    Proscovia

    ReplyDelete

Summer festival’s savoir-vivre

Summer festival’s savoir-vivre That’s the second part of my concert-related "instructions". This time it’s something abo...