Second-hand
– that’s my thing
Recently
I got interested in the Zero Waste topic. One of the main rules of this
movement is to reduce the use of cheaper labor force in clothing industry by
buying clothes in second-hand stores. However, I
am a fan of this kind of shopping since, probably, ever. For me it has a few
very significant
advantages.
Firstly,
the price. It makes me pleased when I can buy myself something cute for the
same amount of money which I can spend on a chocolate bar. That’s so
satisfying!
Secondly,
the aspect which is very important for me personally – the sizes. In the
second-hands you can find a lot of unusual clothes which somebody wasn’t able
to sell or bought it and wore once or twice. It means that most of them are
either in uncommon sizes or cut. So that’s the best solution for people whose
bodies are not so typically shaped 😉
Thirdly,
the assortment. These stores don’t have themed collections and don’t follow
trends as much as chain shops do. Besides, shopping in SH requires going through
every single hanger, because clothes aren’t distributed according to size so it is
much more likely to find something cool by accident, which you would probably skip in
a regular store. Therefore, if you want to buy
something fancy or extraordinary go to the nearest SH.
Finally,
shopping in second-hand might turn out as an interesting experience, seriously!
If you go there on the day of delivery (once a week) you may witness the return of primal
instincts and strategies! You have no idea how important this t-shirt is for
the lady next to you. She’s just waiting for the moment when you put it away,
to grab it as fast as possible. Sometimes these ladies are not even waiting
till you change your mind, so be careful!
Do you buy clothes in second-hands? Maybe
you have some favourite ones in Poznań? Let me know!
As you probably already know I'm also a fan of thrift shops :)
ReplyDeleteYou can dress up in brands being on a budget and look flawless everyday or just simply find what you like. I love the thrill of the delivery day, i feel like i should pain my face in warpaint.
Good hunting!